There are several items on exhibition at Council at the moment. If you care about what happens in this town, take the time to make a submission.
Go to Byron Council’s website and see the section on the home page called Have Your Say
The following exhibition commences is on until 20 November:
1. Amend RU5 zone to enable secondary dwellings.
A number of public exhibitions are on for 6 weeks from 22 October to 4 December
1. Short term rental accommodation (STRA) (Holiday Letting). Changes to Byron LEP 2014 to define STRA and when it can be undertaken as exempt development and when a development application is required.
2. Amendments to other tourist and visitor LEP provisions. Permitting 1 bedroom bed and breakfast’s (eg Air B&Bs) as exempt development; increase number of bedrooms for B&Bs from 3 to 5; allowing service apartments in B4 Mixed Use zone with consent; and permit tourist and visitor accommodation in the RU1 and RU2 zones to enable rural cabin type developments which don’t fall into the category ‘farmstay accommodation’, which only provides accommodation for paying guests on a working farm as a secondary business to primary production.
3. West Byron DCP. The draft Development Control Plan includes: development staging; transport hierarchy; landscaping strategy; active and passive open space network; stormwater and water quality controls; controls to enable higher density living etc
4. Byron DCP 2014. Amendments to Part A and other chapters to support new STRA and other tourist and visitor accommodation LEP changes, and to acknowledge that West Byron will be part of Byron LEP 2014.